13 Feb 2011

I have a proper logo - get me!

Maytree Lane is where I was born, in Loughborough, and it had white cottages and lots of trees. My Dad was a soldier and he was stationed there. I chose it as my brand name because it is personal to me and also sounds natural and flowery, like my products.


My amazingly lovely hubby has just made me a logo. He is a graphic designer, so I roped him in to turn my sketchy sketch into something "proper" and I love it. I wanted a may tree, and was going to have a little stitched white cottage, but then I wanted to stitch some buttons onto the tree, and it went from there...

He just kind of got what I wanted straight away, and did a draft, and then we picked out colours and textures. The text is a font he remodelled to match my signature (he's so clever with this stuff - he baffles me).

I also have a little label to match, which is the cutest :)

I have really jumped in at the deep end with all this Folksy, blogging, tweeting, facebook, myspace, adding html, and editing photos. If you had told me last February I would have been doing all this I would never have believed it.

I'm so excited! (and I just can't hide it...)
I feel like a real businesswoman now - like I could make this really happen.
I even got my new website signed up and registered lastnight.
Watch this space - I don't know what's coming next, but I'm sure as Hell gonna be up all night writing lists again tonight!

9 comments:

  1. Love the logo and label, really nice. Good luck with your shop on Folksy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Great logo. It`s exciting isn`t when its working for yourself, somehow you don`t mind how many hours are put in. Good luck. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely brilliant, lucky girl to have someone around to do it for you (not jealous - much)....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys
    i know i am lucky to have somebody here to help me with all this stuff :)

    he is hoping to go freelance soon, at least part time, so I will have to start paying him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB logos - great work! :-)
    C. MintToBe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely logo...seems to fit perfectly.

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete